The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Standard input is the default input method, which is used by all commands to read its input.
- It is denoted by zero number (0).
- Also known as stdin.
- The default standard input is the keyboard.
- < is input redirection symbol and syntax is:
command < filename
cat < /etc/passwd
- To sort /etc/resolv.conf file, enter:
sort < /etc/resolv.conf