Chapter 5 answers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Decide whether the following sentence is true or false:
- To executes for each value in a list use while loop.
- The PS3 reserved variable is used by select statement.
- The default value for PS3 is set to #?.
- Write a menu driven script using the select statement to print calories for food items such as pizza, burger, Salad, Pasta etc.
- Write a shell script that, given a file name as the argument will count vowels, blank spaces, characters, number of line and symbols.
- Write a shell script that, given a file name as the argument will count English language articles such As 'A', 'An' and 'The'.
- Write a shell script that, given a file name as the argument will write the even numbered line to a file with name evenfile and odd numbered lines in a text file called oddfile.
- Write a shell script to monitor Linux server disk space using a while loop. Send an email alert when percentage of used disk space is >= 90%.
- Write a shell script to determine if an input number is a palindrome or not. A palindromic number is a number where the digits, with decimal representation usually assumed, are the same read backwards, for example, 58285.
- Write a shell program to read a number *such as 123) and find the sum of digits (1+2+3=6).
- Write a shell program to read a number and display reverse the number. For example, 123 should be printed as as 321.
- Write the shell program which produces a report from the output of ls -l in the following format using the for loop statement:
file1 file2 [DIR] test/ Total regular files : 7 Total directories : 4 Total symbolic links : 0 Total size of regular files : 2940
- Write a shell script that will count the number of files in each of your sub-directories using the for loop.
- Write a shell script that accepts two directory names as arguments and deletes those files in the first directory which are similarly named in the second directory.
- Write a shell script to search for no password entries in /etc/passwd and lock all accounts.
- Write a shell program to read two numbers and display all the odd numbers between those two numbers.